It is common for colleges and universities to request a short essay written by applicants. If the school you are applying to has defined an essay topic, you should follow those directions carefully. But no matter what, your goal is to set yourself apart from other applicants.
Entrance essays are a unique way to express additional information about yourself. Use the them to expand upon what makes you special. For example:
- Have you had a life experience that changed your perspective or goals?
- Have you volunteered at a community mission or outreach center?
- Has a family member struggled with a medical condition that has led you to be interested in health care?
- Have you done an internship that showed you what career you would like to pursue?
- What are you passionate about, and what led you to that discovery?
Emphasize how your activities and accomplishments have made you think differently about life.