University of Nebraska High School Examinations: U. of Nebraska High School Program
Academic Advising

Our adviser helps students choose UNHS courses, establish study skills and plan for college.

Learn More


ExaminationsCollege Entrance

If you plan to attend college, you will need to take a college admission test, most often the ACT or SAT. Most colleges accept either test, but some prefer one or the other. Registration can be done online and is required in advance to take these national tests. UNHS diploma students are asked to use the UNHS school code 281316 to submit their results to UNHS.

External Resources

Preliminary Testing

UNHS recommends that its diploma students take the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT)/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT) in 11th grade. This test provides practice for the SAT and is the only way for students to quality for a National Merit Scholarship. Please use the UNHS school code 281316 to submit test results to UNHS.

International Students

International students hoping to attend a U.S. college or university will most likely be required to take an English language proficiency test along with a college entrance examination. A common proficiency test is the TOEFL, which is offered through ETS, a nonprofit asssessment organization.

External Resources