High school students are encouraged to volunteer their time and talents to causes and organizations they are passionate about. We are consistently awed by the wonderful work our students do around the world to support others.
- Give back to your community
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Build your resume
Where to Start
- What are you interested in or passionate about? Consider volunteer opportunities within these areas.
- Who do you know that is connected to an organization you are interested in? Talk to this person about possible opportunities and how to get involved.
- Do you want to go on-site or work from your computer? There are opportunities for both. For example, you could write the newsletter for a local non-profit from home, or you could work at the organization's reception desk to interact with others.
- Search online. For example, www.volunteermatch.org can give you some ideas with its search tool, and www.dosomething.org has great resources.
- Non-profit organizations such as city and animal shelters
- Religious organizations or institutions
- Retirement communities