It is crucial for students to develop reading strategies for critical reading and problem solving.
- Read all provided materials.
- Use a journal to record key concepts.
- Highlight vocabulary, topic sentences and key concepts in different colors.
- Make notes in the margins of your textbook.
- Re-read sections you do not understand.
- Discuss what you learn. Find a friend or relative who has similar interests or who would enjoy hearing about your studies and let them know what’s going on in your classes.