Several test taking strategies exist for objective and subjective tests. Students are encouraged to try these suggestions to figure out what works best for them.
- Re-read all materials, paying attention to important concepts and terminology.
- Review any notes you have taken.
- Create flash cards.
- Review objectives of materials.
- Take any provided self-check tests.
- Once you take the test, look at what you got wrong, so you can review that for future tests.
- If allowed, bring scratch paper to use.
- Get a good night's sleep before the test day.
- Eat breakfast.
- Bring water.
- Schedule plenty of time for the test, so you aren't rushed.
- Arrive early.
- Mark questions you are unsure of and come back to them later.
- Eliminate answers you know are wrong before choosing an answer.
Click graphic to view larger.