Can credit earned elsewhere be transferred to the University of Nebraska High School diploma program?

Yes, academic credits earned at other schools may be transferred to the University of Nebraska High School. Students wishing to do so must complete the Transcript Evaluation Form

All credit issued by regionally or state accredited secondary schools as high school credit will be evaluated to the equivalent UNHS credit hour system. If credits were earned at a non-accredited high school or a homeschool, students must provide a detailed transcript and must also take the California Achievement Test (CAT) or other UNHS approved standardized test to validate credits.

Will credits earned at the University of Nebraska High School transfer to a public school?

Yes, UNHS is fully accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education and Cognia (formerly AdvancED), so credits will transfer to other schools with similar accreditation via a reciprocal agreement between the regional accrediting agencies. Students should complete the Local School Approval Form prior to enrolling in UNHS courses to ensure smooth credit transfer. Students may request an official UNHS transcript through the online ordering system or by submitting the Transcript Request Form.

I am homeschooled. How can I transfer my homeschool accomplishments?

Homeschool students must submit official transcripts. Domestic credit hours will need to be validated with the California Achievement Test (CAT).

How are grades transferred to other schools?

Most schools receiving credit from UNHS have established policies relating to transfer credit. Some schools will accept credit with no value toward calculating the GPA, while other schools will accept the percentage grade only and apply it to their own grading scale. Moreover, some schools will accept, at face value, the percentage and letter grade earned at UNHS. Check with the school accepting the credit to learn their policy.