UNHS offers a variety of AP® courses, the completion of which may qualify students to earn an AP® International Diploma (APID). The APID is a globally recognized award for students interested in pursuing university study outside of their native country. It requires students to display mastery on AP® Exams across several disciplines, and represents an exceptional level of achievement.
The APID is ideal for international students hoping to attend university in the United States, but may also be useful for U.S. students looking for post-secondary education or a career abroad.
All criteria, including AP® Exam scores, is available on the College Board® website. You need to complete an exam in each of the following subject areas:
- World language (not English)
- Global perspective
- Math, science or computer science
- Other (cannot be English or world language)
Here are the UNHS courses students can choose from with the goal of meeting the requirements for the APID:
- AP® English Literature and Composition 1
- AP® English Literature and Composition 2
- AP® Calculus AB 1
- AP® Calculus AB 2
- AP® Computer Science A 1
- AP® Computer Science A 2
- AP® Environmental Science
- AP® U.S. History 1
- AP® U.S. History 2
- AP® Comparative Government and Politics
- AP® French Language and Culture
Please note that UNHS courses may be used in addition to local school courses to meet the APID criteria.